My Natural Approach


Naturopaths, or ND's, are primary care doctors who bring your body, mind, and spirit back into balance freeing you from the restrictions of disease. As a Naturopath my patients' and I look into all aspects of their life to find the obstacles that are preventing them from living it to their fullest potential. The beauty of practicing natural medicine is that we are limitless in what we can assist you in achieving. Whether you have a diagnosis or not I can help you live pain free, regain child-like energy, sleep through the night, restore your sense of purpose, and even raise your spirit out of depression. It is my belief that what makes disease so disabling is not the pathology itself as its prevention of us living joyfully. At the Enso Center we will work together to surround you in a nurturing environment so that you may discover your center of whole health.

2 comments:

Ann Henderson said...

Any thoughts on DO's verses Naturopath as far as doctors. We do not have any Naturopaths in Sussex County. I know we talked about the DO's but I can't remember if you looked favorably to the them or not?
In choosing a new health care provider, whom should I go to, or what professionals do I look at?

Sarah Marshall said...

The superficial continuum of degree of wholism is MD -> DO -> DC -> ND/LAc. But this is very superficial and so much depends on the practitioner. I have met MD's that I would categorize as purely wholistic and ND's who do nothing but treat the superficial symptom's. In general DO's have more wholism included in their training then MD's but where each practitioner goes after graduation is very individual.

I would recommend calling local DO's and asking about their approach and philosophy. And as a patient always advocate for yourself. Tell the physician on the FIRST visit you are interested in treating the CAUSE of your symptoms as naturally as possible and PREVENTION is very important to you (and you don't just mean annual exams and lab tests).

Ask about their knowledge/ training in nutrition, herbs, homeopathy, and physical medicine.

Unfortunately even with ND's the only way to really know how someone practices is with a recommendation from a friend or by seeing for yourself.